rap # 92 05/25/11
NUMEROUS ROADS AND BRIDGES TO BE REPAVED THIS Summer
MORE THAN 14 miles of roads and 14 bridges will receive new coats of asphalt this summer as part of a
countywide road upgrade project.
Improvements to the bridges in nine municipalities will be fully funded by state aid at an estimated
cost of about $475,000, said Freeholder John P. Kelly, Director of Law and Public Safety for the county.
The bridges include:
Portions of nine roads in eight municipalities will also be repaved this summer at an estimated cost of $3.4
million, said Freeholder James F. Lacey, liaison to the Ocean County Road Department.
- Davenport and Wrangle Brook bridges in Berkeley Township.
- Midstreams and Duck Farm bridges in Brick Township.
- The Batchelor Street Bridge in Toms River Township.
- The Camden Avenue Bridge in Harvey Cedars Borough.
- Claytons and Andersen Road bridges in Jackson Township.
- The Ridge Avenue Bridge in Lakewood Township.
- The 10th Avenue Clubhouse Bridge, Colonial Drive North/South and Ridgeway Boulevard bridges in Manchester
- The Crosswicks Creek Bridge in Plumsted Township.
- The Marsha Boulevard Bridge in Stafford Township.
The roads include:
"We are constantly upgrading our county road network," said Freeholder Director Joseph H. Vicari. "These
resurfacing projects will ensure that our roads remain modern and safe.
- Grand Central Parkway from the Beachwood Borough line to Forest Hills Parkways, Berkeley Township.
- Ocean Gate Drive from Route 9 to Chelsea Avenue in Berkeley Township and Ocean Gate Borough.
- Sally Ike Road in Brick Township.
- Bennetts Mills Road from Route 527 to Manhattan Street and West Commodore Boulevard from Cassville Road to
Diamond Road in Jackson Township.
- New Hampshire Avenue from the Toms River Township line north to Route 70, Lakewood Township.
- Center Street from the Tuckerton Borough line to Mathistown Road, Little Egg Harbor Township.
- North Main Street from Maple Avenue to Bright Road in Plumsted Township.
- Central Avenue from Route 72 south to 28th Street in Ship Bottom Borough.