def #198 10/14//10
CLOTHING DRIVE TO HELP VICTIMS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT
OCEAN COUNTY residents are being encouraged to give a helping hand to victims of sexual assault by donating to a clothing drive sponsored by the
Ocean County Advisory Commission on the Status of Women.
"The Women’s Commission is working in conjunction with the Special Victims Unit of the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office to assure emergency rooms
have clothing items available for victims of sexual assault," said Freeholder Director James F. Lacey, who serves as liaison to the Women’s Commission.
"This outreach is especially significant in providing help to women who are victims of a heinous crime."
Throughout the month of October, which also is Women’s Health Month, residents can drop off new clothing items, in particular sweatpants, sweatshirts and
undergarments, sports bras and socks at several drop-off sites throughout Ocean County.
The drop-off locations are:
For more information on the clothing drive contact Women’s Commission Coordinator Kelly Mitchell at 732-506-5374.
- Ocean County Administration Building, First Floor, 101 Hooper Ave., Toms River.
- Ocean County Office of Senior Services, First Floor, 1027 Hooper Ave., Building 2, Toms River.
- Ocean County Library, 101 Washington St., Toms River.
- County Connection, Ocean County Mall, (near JC Penney’s) Toms River.
- Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore, 1405 Old Freehold Road, Toms River.
- Bay Head Municipal Building, 81 Bridge Ave., Bay Head.
- Care One at Jackson, 11 History Lane, Jackson Township.
- RPCMOC, 725 Airport Road, Suite 1C, Lakewood.
- St. Francis Community Center, 4700 Long Beach Blvd., Long Beach Township.
Whitehouse Family Success Center, 100 Linden Ave., Lakewood.
"My colleagues on the Board of Freeholders and I appreciate the efforts of the Women’s Commission and also the members of the public for their assistance
in helping with this very important clothing drive," Lacey said.